Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Beautiful Spot to Spend Time with God!

I just got back from dropping Josiah off at day camp, and I took advantage of our beautiful NW summer weather for some alone time with God. We live in Edmonds which is right on the Puget Sound (a salt water inlet). I went and sat on a bluff, which overlooks the water and faces the Olympic Mountain range on the other side of the water. To my right was the Edmonds Ferry dock and to my almost direct left, I could see all the way north to Mt. Baker. So beautiful!

These pictures were taken a year ago on a special trip Josiah and I took to visit a new friend on the other side of the water.


In the background of these next two pictures, you can see Mt. Rainer hanging around in the clouds. Amazingly enough, it's about a 3 to 4 hour drive from us. I believe it's height is 14,000+ feet.

Also, just above the hills on the left, you can make out the tips of some of the skyscrapers in downtown Seattle.






















We are facing back towards Edmonds, and you can see the Cascade Mountain range in the far background. The boat is the other ferry that runs on the Edmonds to Kingston run.











The mountains in the background are the Olympic Mountain range on the Olympic Peninsula which separates us from the Pacific Ocean.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Sigh... must you rub it in???
Just kidding, thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. That's why they call it "God's Country"!